Aglu Consulting and Training Inc. is a majority Inuit-owned and Nunavut-based business with its head office in Rankin Inlet.
Aglu offers expertise and services in many different areas: Business Planning, Training, Websites and Communications, Translations and Proofreading, Bookkeeping, Management Consulting, Computer/Equipment Rentals, and Community and Tourism Planning.
We work with Governments, non-profit Organizations, Businesses and Nunavut Communities.
Aglu owns a portable computer laboratory which is used for training purposes. All our laptops are configured with the necessary software for office and multimedia applications.
Aglu is currently registered as an Inuit Firm under Nunavut Tunngavik Inc (NTI) and is also registered with the Government of Nunavut under the Nunavummi Nangminiqaqtunik Ikajuuti (NNI) Policy.
Aglu and their team members are proud supporters of local, regional and Nunavut wide sports, charities, committees, events and other initiatives. Some of these include:
- Aglu was a Leader Level Sponsor for the 2011, 2012 and the 2013 Kivalliq Trade Show
- Aglu provided a free youth entrepreneurial training workshop to 24 Kivalliq youth at the 2011 Kivalliq Trade Show
- Aglu has delivered sponsored youth entrepreneurial workshops in Baker Lake and Rankin Inlet
- Aglu has provided donations to Rankin Inlet-based sports events and organizations, including but not necessarily limited to: the Laura Gauthier Memorial Volleyball Tournament, the Rankin Inlet Coed Softball League, Rankin Inlet Y2K Hockey, Rankin Inlet Men’s Slo-Pitch, The V-Team Volleyball Team and more.
- Aglu has donated promotional items to various clubs, conferences and communities in Nunavut
- Aglu has been mentoring a 13-year old youth entrepreneur (Pukka’s Kukuk) in Rankin Inlet for the past three years
- The Company President Veronica Tattuinee, and her husband Robert Connelly, have been and continue to be engaged in community volunteering in Rankin Inlet and the Kivalliq, which includes but is not necessarily limited to: Kivalliq Junior Achievement, the Rankin Inlet Coed Softball League, the Laura Gauthier Memorial Volleyball Tournament Organizing Committee, the Calm Air Cup Organizing Committee, various Glad Tidings Church events, fundraisers for the local Food Bank, Nunavut’s Poverty Reduction Working Group, etc.
- The Company President Veronica Tattuinee, and her husband Robert Connelly, have been and continue to participate in various Nunavut boards and committees at the community, regional and territorial levels. These include but are not necessarily limited to: the Kivalliq Trade Show Organizing Committee (3 years), the Nunavut Mining Symposium Organizing & Program Committees (12 years), Kivalliq Partners in Development Board of Directors (2 years), Keewatin Business Development Centre Board of Directors (2 years), the Rankin Inlet Condominium Corporation No. 1 Board of Directors (8 years), the Canadian Breast Cancer Network Board of Directors (1 year), Nunavut to Manitoba Trade Mission Organizing Committees (7 years), the Kivalliq NNI Regional Qualification Committee (5 years), the Hudson Bay Neighbors Regional Round Table Organizing Committee (5 years) and more.
- The Company President has been involved in Inuit-owned lands management for the past 12 years – i.e. she is employed by the Kivalliq Inuit Association. Her husband Robert has been involved in many trade, investment and entrepreneurial development initiatives in Nunavut – i.e. he has been employed by the Government of Nunavut’s Department of Economic Development & Transportation for 16 years.
“If YOU succeed, we succeed!”